Schools all over the world are scrambling to reopen this fall and will likely provide at least some virtual classes. Did you know that The CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund—Institutional Portion assists with any significant change in the delivery of instruction and allocates funds for distance learning projects? Funding may cover upgrading audio visual and online learning equipment to deliver virtual classes, interactive on-site sessions, or both.
Specifically, The CARES Act states, “Institutions may use the funds for Recipient’s Institutional Costs to purchase equipment or software, pay for online licensing fees, or pay for internet service to enable students to transition to distance learning as such costs are associated with a significant change in the delivery of instruction due to the coronavirus.” (1) There is also dedicated funding for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund—Minority Institutions Program and other special school populations. (2)
Which schools qualify for CARES Act Funds?
Institutions that entered into the Funding Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CARES Act may receive funds for Recipient’s Institutional Costs. Visit this page to see if your school has allocated CARES Act funds.
AVI-SPL Online Learning Solutions
Through our network of suppliers, we developed ideas to help schools like yours prepare for the fall semester and beyond. No matter if you have standardized on Zoom, MS Teams, or other collaboration technology, we can help you deliver a positive student experience in the classroom, online, or design a hybrid solution for both options. Learn more about:
Barco weConnect Interactive Virtual Classroom
- Teacher-friendly interface for classroom instruction while students learn and engage remotely.
- Quickly deployable and no apps or extra configurations required for students.
- Multiple built-in cameras allow students to customize their learning views while teachers engage with real-size views of students and large attendance capacity.
Newline All-in-One Classroom
- Quickly pivot from face-to-face instruction to distance learning while instructors remain in the classroom.
- Customizable product bundles are suited for every learning environment at a competitive price point.
- Deliver highly interactive solutions, particularly for virtual labs.
SMART Podium and Interactive Pen Display
- Ability to deliver lessons from anywhere and connect students in live remote learning sessions on 24” screens.
- With a simple computer connection, instructors can present and use the interactive pen to add notes or illustrations on the touchscreen.
- Podium comes with SMART ink and SMART Learning Suite, including SMART Notebook® or SMART Meeting Pro® software.
Panopto Lecture Capture
- Integrates with all major learning management systems, and offers comprehensive recording tools, simple deployment, and top-rated support.
- Flexible recording and uploading tools let teachers create video lessons anytime and anywhere.
- Offers personalized learning experiences for students, including inside-video search and variable speed playback.
Helpful CARES Act links
For more information on the CARES act, and how to request funds, visit these helpful links.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Institutional Portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund under Section 18004(a)(1) and 18004(c) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- U.S. Department of Education CARES Act page
The AVI-SPL team is here to help you deliver digital classes and interactive learning solutions. Contact us now or call your local office.