Most people are aware that global video consumption grew over 60% last year1 – not only for ‘binge-worthy’ and immersive film, TV, and animation on our favorite streaming services, but in every aspect of our lives—video has truly become our new normal as the most effective way to entertain, teach, and connect with customers.
Producers of that content are scrambling to produce and deliver in this new content gold rush – in North America alone OTT revenue is expected to double to $94B by 2026. And beyond the endless demand for television and film production, growth is hitting rates never seen before: the gaming market is expected to nearly double from $192 to $398 Billion by 2027 – and, as AR and VR hits its stride, it is expected to quadruple from $37 to $127 Billion by 2034.
Clearly, with so much demand for new content, and so much competition – thinking about how to build a flexible and reliable production workflow, how to keep your raw and finished content and archives available everywhere you need it, and how to let your creative team work together to speed production time is critical.
StorNext 7 – Containerized and Virtualized
Quantum’s StorNext shared storage file system and management platform has long been trusted to help customers build these workflows in the largest environments and meet the extreme needs of hundreds of creatives all editing and finishing content on storage at the same time – and all with content archives easily reaching Petabytes.
With the release of StorNext 7, the StorNext platform has taken a dramatic architectural step forward. We took the functionality of StorNext—that previously was provided by multiple hardware components, software, and network connection integration points— into virtualized software containers that are incredibly fast to deploy, configure, and update.
StorNext 7 on the New Quantum H4000
Today, we’re making all of this technology available on the new Quantum H4000 converged storage appliance – a complete StorNext shared-storage environment that fits in only 2 rack units – and is ready to deploy anywhere you’d like your team to work.
Collaborative Content Production and Management Just Got Easier
Together – StorNext 7 and H4000 will help content creators everywhere with the ability to quickly stand up a new shared storage environment designed for large video files, so that your entire team can work at full speed with their favorite solutions without copying files back and forth or waiting for one team to checkpoint before another team can get started. With StorNext 7 and H4000:
- You have the full capability of StorNext technology at your disposal to move content to tape or cloud and quickly retrieve content whenever your team needs it.
- Existing StorNext customers can now precisely deploy more StorNext capability wherever needed – for new projects that they couldn’t ramp up to tackle before, or easily expand to new locations.
- And speaking of locations – StorNext 7 and the H4000 are fast to deploy for live event production, for remote production teams that want to bring collaboration with them, or even serve camera ingest or VFX workflows.
- With options to customize your H4000 for up to 307 Terabytes of storage, and your choice of a mix of up to 100 GigE or 32 Gb Fibre Channel connections you can get up and running quickly in every environment.
- As your production needs grow, expanding your system is incredibly simple too – you can add more H4000 systems for greater performance, or storage expansion systems to add more capacity, or even connect to Quantum’s H2000 or F1000 and F2000 NVMe storage as well.
Together, the new StorNext 7 and the H4000 are ready to help you build a truly collaborative foundation to meet even your most ambitious content delivery plans and schedules. In summary, content production and collaboration just got easier.
See how to make your content production and collaboration easier here .
- Nielsen – “Nielsen studies show that home-bound consumers have led to a 60% increase in the amount of video content watched globally.” https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/article/2020/covid-19-tracking-the-impact-on-media-consumption/
- Digital TV Research, as reported in Digital EV Europe – “The US, which is the world’s most mature OTT market and home to the world’s leading SVOD services, will see revenues more than double despite its maturity.” https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2021/03/01/north-american-ott-market-to-double-in-revenue-by-2026/
- 360 Research Reports: Global Gaming Market Size, Status and Forecast 2021-2027 – “The global Gaming market size is projected to reach US$ 398950 million by 2027, from US$ 192150 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 11.0% during 2021-2027.” https://www.360researchreports.com/global-gaming-market-17720853
(reported in MarketWatch here: https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/2021-2027-global-gaming-market-development-plans-emerging-demand-healthy-cagr-industry-share-leading-players-strategy-drivers-and-opportunity-outlook-360-research-report-2021-04-23
- Prescient and Strategic Intelligence – AR and VR Market – Global Industry Analysis and Growth Forecast to 2030 – “The augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market size was $37.0 billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach $1,274.4 billion in 2030, while progressing at a CAGR of 42.9% during 2020–2030.” https://www.psmarketresearch.com/market-analysis/augmented-reality-and-virtual-reality-market