Considering Using Cloud for Video Surveillance Data? Novaira Research May Influence Your Thinkingcloud
Quantum recently worked with Novaira Insights to publish a white paper that provides insight into the state of the video surveillance market and helpful factors for deciding between on-premises and cloud storage.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Increasing number of cameras and resolutions and longer retention times are all driving up storage demands. In addition, the growing use of video analytics is placing more demand on storage systems.
- When considering cloud or on-prem, all of these factors can play into choosing and designing the right solution.
The Appeal of the Cloud is Simplicity and Flexibility
For many security departments, their current infrastructure is probably using a large number of Network Video Recording servers (NVRs) , to record their data. As camera counts and resolutions increase, they are adding more NVRs until it becomes costly and difficult to manage.
The appeal of the cloud is the simplicity and flexibility it provides as a platform; however, using the cloud introduces new challenges like latency (which can cause frame loss), data security and control, and unpredictable costs.
Modernize Your Video Surveillance Infrastructure – Choose the Right Solution for You
Novaira Insights explores the many flexible paths for deciding between on-premises and cloud storage including:
- Options for utilizing cloud in video surveillance: cloud-based services, on-prem cloud, or a hybrid solution.
- Factors for choosing the right solution when considering cloud or on-premises.
- End-user and integrator benefits using on-prem private cloud or a hybrid solution.
- How an HCI platform provides simplicity and flexibility without introducing risk or giving up control.
The white paper makes the point that a hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) platform can be a good step toward cloud, providing the simplicity and flexibility of the cloud, without introducing risk of frame loss and without giving up control.
Quantum has helped many organizations with mission-critical video surveillance replace racks of NVRs with a simple, resilient platform that can record 10’s of thousands of cameras and run other physical security and analytics applications as well. If you are looking to modernize your video surveillance infrastructure, check out this white paper and let’s talk! You can download the white paper here .
The post Considering Using Cloud for Video Surveillance Data? Novaira Research May Influence Your Thinking appeared first on Quantum Blog .