How AI and AVI-SPL Are Improving the WorkplaceAI
As I read the new AVI-SPL tech brief, “How AI Will Make Collaboration Experts of Us All,” l saw parallels between the benefits of artificial intelligence (AI) in the workplace and what AVI-SPL delivers to its clients through services that range from consultation to design to integration and support.
That paper combines research with the insights of AVI-SPL’s Customer Advisory Board (or CAB). This CAB of large enterprises (including Fortune 500 companies), looks at the ways AI is being applied in the workplace to improve the processes associated with meetings and collaboration. The tech brief gives a good overview of issues like:
- In-meeting productivity
- Security risks
- Virtual digital assistance
- Project management
- Resource allocation
Using AI to Improve Operations
The issue of meeting support has its own list of opportunities for AI systems to improve efficiency and accuracy while maintaining quality. Opportunities include:
- Schedule meetings
- Room set-up
- Take notes; suggest resources that help with meeting objectives
- Report on the project progress
- Track projects and assign deadlines and tasks to help with their completion
- In-meeting technical support (instead of calling a help desk). The system can rout the issue to a technician if necessary.
Beyond collaboration, AI systems take information and learn from it to make decisions that align with a desired outcome or set of outcomes across departments and uses cases: For example:
- Human resources
- Recruiting, onboarding and training
- Answer employee questions
- Customer service
- Analyzing customer sentiment and making recommendations
- Marketing and sales
- Improving customer resource management, like finding specific types of customers
- Help teachers adjust their approach to the learning styles of individual students
- Recommend treatment options
AI may also recommend cross-departmental collaboration opportunities, fix equipment failures, predict when downtime is likely to occur and take steps to mitigate its impact.
AVI-SPL Simplifies the Workplace
Similarly, AVI-SPL improves the workplace by freeing up its people to do more of what they’re good at so they and their organizations can grow and succeed. People across different departments don’t have to be experts in meeting-room technology to collaborate with one another. IT doesn’t have to devote its resources to being AV help desk assistants. And companies don’t have to go it alone in keeping up with the latest technology solutions.
As I’ve learned over the course of nine years with the company, our client projects are guided by a long-term view, one that seeks to understand how new solutions will affect an organization’s network and infrastructure, how the company sees itself changing, and how its market may change. In the discovery process with the client, AVI-SPL listens to their needs and begins a conversation about how to think strategically about implementing AV, video collaboration and UCC solutions. Along the way, account managers, technicians and engineers share the knowledge that answers many client questions, including:
- What are the right UC solutions for my workplace and a high-quality user experience?
- Can I standardize on one collaboration platform and trust it will work for me in the years ahead?
- How will recommended solutions function in my environment?
- How can I ensure continuity of operations during this process?
The Customer Advisory Board developed from AVI-SPL’s need to understand the issues facing today’s companies so that it can continue to be a partner that delivers high value. The role of AI in the workplace is one of those challenges. By understanding the role artificial intelligence plays and will play in a customer’s environment, AVI-SPL continues to develop technical skills and thought leadership in this area. Wherever AI may be relevant to a company’s growth, that knowledge gives AVI-SPL the ability to present a high-level strategy that leads to digital workplace transformation.